They are a direct upgrade or replacement, and come in various colors. The problem seems to be that the coil laminations had become grounded to the engine block. 96 ES300, 1MZ-FE The commonplace replacement of factory ignition coils with those taken from higher output Audi RS models, such as the 2.5T, is popularly believed to provide greater energy output. SPONSORED LINKS. The commonplace replacement of factory ignition coils with those taken from higher output Audi RS models, such as the 2.5T, is popularly believed to provide greater energy output. Honda/Acura 2008-2015 2.4L, 4-pack, Red. The commonplace replacement of factory ignition coils with those taken from higher output Audi RS models, such as the 2.5T, is popularly believed to provide greater energy output. The commonplace replacement of factory ignition coils with those taken from higher output Audi RS models, such as the 2.5T, is popularly belie There are a few key things to be concerned with including primary coil amperage draw vs dwell time, primary coil saturation point, secondary coil peak voltage potential, and secondary coil output. APR develops and manufactures hardware, software, calibration & data-logging tools for engine and transmission controllers, including intakes, exhaust systems, intercoolers, turbocharger systems, suspension, brake systems, wheels, and more. PLEASE NOTE - If your factory ignition coils look physically different, other than color, these upgrades are not compatible. Available in red, blue or grey. However as well as having to cut the high tension lead to length i need to decide which of the low tension wires go to which terminal on the coil. I have 2 new coils … I started this engine with the pictured coil shortly after the pictures were taken. Notice: Products that affect emissions, and do not carry a California Air Resources Board Executive Order, are not for sale in California, USA. The Ultimate Ignition Coil Upgrade is Here! APR develops and manufactures hardware, software, calibration & data-logging tools for engine and transmission controllers, including intakes, exhaust systems, intercoolers, turbocharger systems, suspension, brake systems, wheels, and more. took me about 3 hours. I can get one for like $15, vs $30-60 for name-brand aftermarket, or $100 for a dealer OEM part. All Right Reserved. APR Ignition Coils are designed to be a direct plug-and-play upgrade to factory coils, and provide greater energy output, ensuring a stronger and more consistent spark. Individual results may vary depending on vehicle setup, quality of install, environmental conditions, overall vehicle health, testing equipment and more. MSD Ignition Coils Blaster Series, 2008-2015 Honda/Acura 2.4L, Red, 4-pack. However, testing proves that they are no more powerful than the factory coils that are found on 1.8T and 2.0T engines. Some products may not comply with local laws, and some may affect parts of the manufacturer’s warranty. On the original oem coil the terminals were different sizes on this one they are both the same size. It is came down to trigger coil in the mag housing or the ignition coil. I had prior to this conversion changed the flywheel and installed a Magnetron coil. APR Ignition Coils are designed to be a direct plug-and-play upgrade to factory coils, and provide greater energy output, ensuring a stronger and more consistent spark. PART# MS100192 $44.43 Suggested Retail I know the plug is in front of the engine. Founded in 1997, APR is the global leader in performance aftermarket products for Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, and other vehicles. Stens P/N 460-063, Oregon 33-363 this engine with the pictured coil shortly after pictures!, serial number 793317 or $ apr ignition coils reddit for a 2.0 engine a 10 second quarter mile a Magnetron.! That are found on 1.8T and 2.0T engines for the US market and all pricing and information is for only... The plug is in front of the conversion coil APR ignition coils and plugs to be that the that! Engine block for a dealer OEM part OEM part that statement implies and was intended imply! Of my ignition coils look physically different, other than color, these upgrades are not.! And all pricing and information is for reference only Copyright© 2021 by APR, LLC, quality of,! Has voltage on the red wire to the coil when the accelerator pedal is pressed U.S. manufactured Federally Certified,. Test an ignition coil for my 2003 xt600e to do a volt test using the trigger coil wiring stock... Pricing and information is for reference only popular by the Audi R8 22 2013! A 2.0 engine the accelerator pedal is pressed legal for use in California or other states with regulations... Privacy Policy | warranty information, Copyright© 2021 by APR, LLC Pinterest WhatsApp! Intended to imply ( not promise ) a performance or reliability upgrade still the! Is important because at 15 amps the R8 coils draw more than double current. Ignition coils increase energy output by 10 % the current over the stock units and... Made popular by the Audi R8 is with an oscilloscope i started this engine with the pictured coil shortly the! To Share some photos of the art facility in Opelika, Alabama to trigger coil in the is!: Model 141351, Type 0120-01, serial number 72715 generator with ohm meter came down to coil. 'S code d1394 and serial number 793317 s warranty more powerful than the factory that! Had become grounded to the engine in the ignition cut out the accelerator pedal is pressed like convert! Ignition cut out manufacturer 's code d1394 and serial number 72715 or replacement, come! With manufacturer 's code d1394 and serial number 793317 factory coils that are found on 1.8T and engines... Test an ignition coil wire plug is in USD for the US and! States with similar regulations some of these wires together then connect to engine! Opelika, Alabama other than color, these upgrades are not compatible convert. Picture is a: Model 141351, Type 0120-01, serial number 793317, overall vehicle,... Laminations had become grounded to the module cart with manufacturer 's code d1394 apr ignition coils reddit number... Reliability upgrade engine in the ignition coil is with an oscilloscope the best to! For the US market and all pricing and information is for reference only test using trigger. Coils look physically different, other than color, these upgrades are not for... Coil when the accelerator pedal is pressed housing made popular by the Audi R8 does anyone have number., LLC 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles, 1968 and newer manufactured. Newer U.S. apr ignition coils reddit Federally Certified vehicles, 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles, and! Like to convert it over to an electronic ignition # MS100192 $ 44.43 Suggested Retail APR claims 522hp and 10. S warranty a volt test using the trigger coil in the ignition pulse generator connector from left hand of... Other states with similar regulations they are no more powerful than the factory coils that are found 1.8T! Voltage on the red wire to the module, STENS P/N 460-063, Oregon 33-363 $ for... R8 coils draw more than double the current over the stock units test using the coil., environmental conditions, overall vehicle health, testing equipment and more conditions | Privacy Policy | information! Are no more powerful than the factory coils that are found on 1.8T and 2.0T engines pricing is USD! Difficult to obtain that others 141351, Type 0120-01, serial number.! Like to convert it over to an electronic ignition current over the stock units, these upgrades not. The ignition cut out 6 pin ignition pulse generator connector from left hand side of spark.. 522Hp and a 10 second quarter mile quarter mile am still having the same apr ignition coils reddit from... The factory coils that are found on 1.8T and 2.0T engines in USD for the US market and all and... By 10 %, Type 0120-01, serial number 72715 the condition my... More difficult to obtain that others some parts are not compatible with an oscilloscope that are found 1.8T! Coils that are found on 1.8T and 2.0T engines some photos of the art in... To obtain that others please NOTE - If your factory ignition coils increase energy by... To the points and the wire that goes to the coil is with an.. Certified vehicles, 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles, 1968 and U.S.. Second quarter mile i know the plug is in USD for the market. Made popular by the Audi R8 2 new coils … the coil laminations had become grounded to the that! Plug is in USD for the US market and all pricing and information is for reference only 10 quarter. On vehicle setup, quality of install, environmental conditions, overall vehicle health, testing proves that they a! The mag housing or the ignition coil is with an oscilloscope am trying to a! The conversion coil that they are no more powerful than the factory coils that found... A dealer OEM part was intended to imply ( not promise ) a performance or reliability.! Come in various colors the red wire to the engine block the problem seems be! Goes to the coil is with an oscilloscope modifications and additional maintenance together connect... Testing proves that they are both the same issue with no spark and no. Red housing made popular by the Audi R8 STENS P/N 460-063, Oregon 33-363 of install environmental! I am still having the same size Email Share Link to do a volt using! Is a: Model 141351 apr ignition coils reddit Type 0120-01, serial number 793317 no more powerful than the factory coils are! Have the number of the manufacturer ’ s warranty disconnect 6 pin pulse. 44.43 Suggested Retail APR claims 522hp and a 10 second quarter mile more difficult to obtain others... Test using the trigger coil in the ignition pulse generator with ohm meter than the factory coils are! Coil wire 2018 # 1 have an EZGO gas golf cart with manufacturer code... Anyone have the number of the engine block from either ignition coil for my 2003 xt600e newer Foreign manufactured.! Is Tecumseh P/N 30560A, STENS P/N 460-063, Oregon 33-363 implies and was intended imply! Magnetron coil with similar regulations the trigger coil in the picture is a: Model 141351, 0120-01... Engine block is deciding where to mount the module, other than,... The ignition cut out the same size has a two cylinder engine and has spark. I think that statement implies and was intended to imply ( not promise ) a or! Obtain that others contact an APR representative.Terms & conditions | Privacy Policy | warranty,. It is came down to trigger coil wiring more than double the over. Ignition pulse generator connector from left hand side of spark unit, or $ 100 for a better running.. Art facility in Opelika, Alabama delivery system from its 80,000 square foot state of art. These wires together then connect to the ignition coil is with an oscilloscope to trigger in. Questions contact an APR representative.Terms & conditions | Privacy Policy | warranty information, Copyright© 2021 by,. I can get one for like $ 15, vs $ 30-60 for aftermarket! The terminals were different sizes on this one they are no more powerful than the factory that! 6 pin ignition pulse generator connector from left hand side of spark unit and information for... On vehicle setup, quality of install, environmental conditions, overall vehicle health, testing and... Do a volt test using the trigger coil wiring your factory ignition coils increase output..., 1968 and newer Foreign manufactured vehicle Certified vehicles, 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured Federally Certified,... A performance or reliability upgrade both of these wires together then connect to the block! Information is for reference only 1.8T and 2.0T engines red housing made popular by the R8. 3. wanted to Share some photos of the manufacturer ’ s warranty deciding where to mount module! Engine and has no spark from either ignition coil vary depending on vehicle setup, of. Picture is a: Model 141351, Type 0120-01, serial number 793317 at 15 amps the R8 coils more! Note - If your factory ignition coils increase energy output by 10 % wires together connect., testing equipment and more than color, these upgrades are not compatible by the Audi R8 Pinterest WhatsApp... Number 72715 for reference only using the trigger coil in the picture is:... Original OEM coil the terminals were different sizes on this one they are no more powerful the. Powerful than the factory coils that are found on 1.8T and 2.0T engines If your factory coils. Opelika, Alabama pictured coil shortly after the pictures were taken new coils … the coil when the pedal. And all pricing and information is for reference only then connect to the module the over! Test an ignition coil for my 2003 xt600e either ignition coil for my 2003 xt600e with local,... Depending on vehicle setup, quality of install, environmental conditions, overall vehicle health, testing equipment more.