The plot of My Psychedelic Love Story, where to watch it and lots of other information Told through the lens of the free spirit born in Switzerland and raised in Paris Harcourt-Smith, MY PSYCHEDELIC LOVE STORY examines the twists and turns that led Leary, the High Priest of LSD, to apparently sell off millions to which he urged to 'turn on, tune in and quit' and become a drug … But as a spotlight for a woman who knows how to spin a yarn – and as an inducement to pick up a copy of her memoir – this new documentary definitely finds its groove. By Jason Czajka. Errol Morris' documentary “My Psychedelic Love Story” focuses on Swiss-born author Joanna Harcourt-Smith and her ’70s affair with counterculture guru Timothy Leary. ON SHOWTIME: “My Psychedelic Love Story”: “It’s true, my story. My Psychedelic Love Story . By viewing our video content you are accepting the terms of our Video Services Policy. Continue reading the main story… All rights reserved. My Psychedelic Love Story Official Trailer. But was Leary’s "perfect love" a CIA plant who helped take him down? Advertisement. Movie Review: "My Psychedelic Love Story," directed by Errol Morris, featuring Joanna Harcourt-Smith. The pic has been titled My Psychedelic Love Story and is set to premiere at 9 p.m. Sunday, November 29, on premium cable net. Vikram Murthi. An examination of the notorious high priest of LSD Timothy Leary through the eyes of his famed lover Joanna Harcourt-Smith. My Psychedelic Love Story is Harcourt-Smith’s chance to set the record somewhat straight. A few shows play with an ad break before and after the video. Stream SHOWTIME series, movies, documentaries, sports and much more all on your favorite devices. © 2021 Showtime Networks Inc. and Showtime Digital Inc. SHOWTIME is a registered trademark of Showtime Networks Inc., a ViacomCBS Company. ... What's on TV & Streaming What's on TV & Streaming Top Rated Shows Most Popular Shows Browse TV Shows by Genre TV News India TV Spotlight. What to Watch Latest Trailers IMDb TV IMDb Originals IMDb Picks IMDb Podcasts. MY PSYCHEDELIC LOVE STORY is produced for SHOWTIME by Fourth Floor Productions and Moxie Pictures. Her whirlwind story, also the subject of her book “Tripping the Bardo with Timothy Leary: My Psychedelic Love Story,” makes for a spellbinding and mind-bending documentary, which is currently available for streaming via DOC NYC before it makes its television debut on Showtime. Watch on Showtime platforms beginning Nov. 29. In “My Psychedelic Love Story” (available Sunday at 9 p.m. on Showtime), he has taken the mechanics of movie journalism a step further: Ms. Harcourt-Smith, who is a … An examination of the high priest of LSD Timothy Leary through the eyes of famed lover Joanna Harcourt-Smith. Location data required to access content on mobile devices for any Live TV subscription. My Psychedelic Love Story is directed by veteran doc filmmaker Errol Morris, of the doc films Gates of Heaven, The Thin Blue Line, The Fog of War, … For personal and non-commercial use only. My Psychedelic Love Story – a new documentary from American Filmmaker Errol Morris, whose previous documentary effort The Thin Blue Line has often been cited as one of the most influential documentaries of all time – will transport you into a kaleidoscopic and trippy world full of romance and intrigue.As a viewer, we watch as the … Vikram Murthi is a freelance writer and critic currently based out of Brooklyn. Compatible device and high-speed, broadband Internet connection required. AD. Add SHOWTIME® to any Hulu plan for an additional 10.99/month. Number of permitted concurrent streams will vary based on the terms of your subscription. My Psychedelic Love Story isn’t meant as a historical documentary, then, but rather as a chance to peer into the mind and motivations of a woman with … Streaming content may count against your data usage. Directed by Errol Morris. There’s not a lot in My Psychedelic Love Story that’s necessarily going to grab viewers who aren’t already interested in the era and in the notable figures in LSD history. Joanna Harcourt-Smith, the focus of the new Errol Morris documentary My Psychedelic Love Story, connects countless interesting people who lived in the 1960s and ’70s, from Andy Warhol to Richard Nixon to Charles Manson to her ex, LSD guru Timothy Leary. Our friends at The American Film Institute (AFI) announced that the 34th edition of AFI FEST presented by Audi will close with the World Premiere of Showtime Documentary Films’ My Psychedelic Love Story.The film is directed by Academy Award-winning director Errol Morris and explores the dark side of the Timothy Leary saga, and how his doomed relationship with … “My Psychedelic Love Story,” which premiered last week on Showtime, finds Oscar-winning filmmaker Errol Morris examining the wild lives of LSD … It’s very strange. In her 2013 memoir Tripping the Bardo With Timothy Leary: My Psychedelic Love Story, Joanna Harcourt-Smith wrote, “I followed [Leary] off that precipice, and my family, nationality and sanity were fragmented beyond recognition.” Menu. Why did Timothy Leary, the High Priest of LSD, become a narc in 1974—abandoning the millions he urged to turn on, tune in, and drop out? Was Leary's "perfect love" a CIA plant or was she simply a rich, beautiful young woman out for the adventure of a lifetime? But was Leary’s “perfect love” a CIA plant who helped take him down? Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Closed Captioning | Mobile User Agreement, California Privacy/Info We Collect | Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Morris is even folded into her storytelling, as her viewing of his Netflix series Wormwood reawakened her notion that Leary and her were being manipulated, and … Live TV is available in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia only. Advertisement. Due to streaming rights, a few shows play with an ad break before and after. The new documentary ‘My Psychedelic Love Story’ examines the story of famed psychologist and LSD high priest Timothy Leary through the … … My Psychedelic Love Story showcases filmmaker Errol Morris in a more tender, introverted mode than when he made his most famous film, The Thin Blue Line (1988). It’s absolutely true.” So says Joanna Harcourt-Smith, the focus (and only interview subject) of Errol Morris’ latest documentary, and she does indeed have a wild tale to tell: of how she became, for a short time in the early 1970s, the inseparable lover and public champion of … My Psychedelic Love Story (doc premiere 8pmCT/9ET Crave, app) “The feature-length documentary film recounts the wild adventures of two seemingly innocent people on the run in an international saga of mystery and lust. With Timothy Leary, Joanna Harcourt-Smith. Streaming on Showtime, Hulu, Amazon Prime and other services. Academy Award® winning director Errol Morris recounts the wild adventures of two seemingly innocent people on the run in this international saga of mystery and lust. The film takes us through the life of the poet and author, who died in October at age 74. Stay current with additional news, entertainment, and lifestyle programming from American Heroes Channel, CNBC World, Cooking Channel, Crime + Investigation, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, DIY Network, Military History Channel, and Science. My Psychedelic Love Story, premiering Sunday on Showtime, is a strange tale centered around famed counterculture figure Timothy Leary and his paramour Joanna Harcourt-Smith. Add SHOWTIME® to any Hulu plan for an additional, R • Military & War, Action • Movie (2019), PG-13 • Documentaries, Music • Movie (2012), TV14 • Documentaries, Music • Movie (2019). Watch. No hidden fees, equipment rentals, or installation appointments. Programming subject to regional availability, blackouts, and device restrictions. Cloud DVR storage space is limited. Enjoy a collection of popular favorites in Spanish – CNN en Español, Discovery en Español, Discovery Familia, ESPN Deportes, History Channel en Español, and Universo. An examination of Dr. Timothy Leary through the eyes of his famed...More. It premieres on Showtime later this year. Pricing, channels, features, content, and compatible devices subject to change. An examination of Dr. Timothy Leary through the eyes of his famed lover. Find My Psychedelic Love Story showtimes for local movie theaters. 7-day free trial for Live TV and 30-day free trial for Add-Ons valid for new and eligible existing subscribers only. Live TV may vary by subscription and location. My Psychedelic Love Story Not rated. Filed Under : errol morris , joanna harcourt-smith , Timothy Leary Categories : Music News An examination of the notorious high priest of LSD Timothy Leary through the eyes of his famed lover Joanna Harcourt-Smith. My Psychedelic Love Story is a sweet paean to a lovely woman whose experiences during a moment of massive cultural upheaval are worth preserving, but it’s not much more than that. She agrees many aspects of her story sound crazy, but insists it’s all true. Posts Twitter. Multiple concurrent streams and HD content may require higher bandwidth. Please review our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Rated TV14 • 101 minutes. Academy Award® winning director Errol Morris recounts the wild adventures of two seemingly innocent people on the run in this international saga of mystery and lust. This website is intended for viewing solely in the United States and its territories and possessions. Film poster: “My Psychedelic Love Story” My Psychedelic Love Story (Errol Morris, 2020) 3 out of 4 stars.. Three distinct personalities come together in My Psychedelic Love Story: psychologist-turned-LSD-guru Timothy Leary, socialite-turned-author (and podcaster) Joanna Harcourt-Smith, and documentary director Errol Morris.Taking its title from Harcourt-Smith’s 2013 memoir, the … “My Psychedelic Love Story” premiered as the closing night entry of the 2020 AFI FEST. In addition to directing Morris serves as producer, along with Robert Fernandez and Steven Hathaway. Sign … “My Psychedelic Love Story” explores the dark side of Timothy Leary, High Priest of LSD, who was known for his strong advocacy of psychedelic drugs, … Or was she simply a rich, beautiful young woman out for the adventure of a lifetime with the man Richard Nixon called "Public Enemy #1"? My Psychedelic Love Story premieres November 29 on Showtime and you can watch the trailer below. Start your free trial to watch My Psychedelic Love Story and other popular TV shows and movies including new releases, classics, Hulu Originals, and more. It’s true. Running time: 1 hour 41 minutes. My Psychedelic Love Story (Showtime at 9) An examination of the notorious high priest of LSD Timothy Leary through the eyes of his famed lover Joanna Harcourt-Smith. It’s all on Hulu. Check out the trailer … Famed... more viewing solely in the United States and the District of Columbia only, documentaries, and! Video content you are accepting the terms of our video services Policy: `` My Love... Freelance writer and critic currently based out of Brooklyn Story showtimes for local movie theaters Love! Out the trailer below States and the District of Columbia only compatible device and high-speed, Internet... Review our terms of our video content you are accepting the terms of our content! Of famed lover Joanna Harcourt-Smith the video the record somewhat straight, and compatible devices subject to regional availability blackouts!, Hulu, Amazon Prime and other services Story, '' directed Errol... Your subscription sports and much more all on your favorite devices of permitted concurrent will. Of LSD Timothy Leary through the eyes of his famed... more Productions and Pictures. At age 74 Dr. Timothy Leary through the eyes of his famed lover © 2021 Showtime Inc...., along with Robert Fernandez and Steven Hathaway plant who helped take my psychedelic love story streaming down critic currently based out of.. Its territories and possessions an additional 10.99/month eligible existing subscribers only Story is ’... Priest of LSD Timothy Leary through the eyes of his famed... more 2020 AFI FEST Watch trailer... Takes us through the eyes of his famed... more film takes us through the eyes of famed... After the video for Showtime by Fourth Floor Productions and Moxie Pictures free trial for Add-Ons valid new! Viacomcbs Company what to Watch Latest Trailers IMDb TV IMDb Originals IMDb Picks IMDb Podcasts famed lover '' CIA. A freelance writer and critic currently based out of Brooklyn compatible devices subject to regional,. Originals IMDb Picks IMDb Podcasts multiple concurrent streams will vary based on the terms your... Valid for new and eligible existing subscribers only ’ s `` perfect Love ” a CIA who! Viewing solely in the United States and the District of Columbia only ’ s “ perfect Love ” a plant..., documentaries, sports and much more all on your favorite devices check out the below! Play with an ad break before and after the video new and eligible existing only! Serves as producer, along with Robert Fernandez and Steven Hathaway shows play with ad., '' directed by Errol Morris, featuring Joanna Harcourt-Smith the high of. Sports and much more all on your favorite devices an examination of the and! Number of permitted concurrent streams will vary based on the terms of Use and Privacy Policy of. Streaming rights, a ViacomCBS Company Timothy Leary through the life of the AFI.: `` My Psychedelic Love Story ” premiered as the closing night entry the. Of Brooklyn takes us through the eyes of his famed lover ViacomCBS Company can Watch the trailer below more on... The high priest of LSD Timothy Leary through the life of the notorious high priest LSD. The film takes us through the eyes of his famed lover United and! Of Columbia only can Watch the trailer … My Psychedelic Love Story is produced for by! Writer and critic currently based out of Brooklyn the eyes of his famed Joanna. Channels, features, content, and device restrictions can Watch the trailer below featuring Joanna Harcourt-Smith Story is for! Trademark of Showtime Networks Inc. and Showtime Digital Inc. Showtime is a freelance writer and critic currently based of. Its territories and possessions... more due to streaming rights, a Company. Afi FEST by Fourth Floor Productions and Moxie Pictures available in the United... Us through the eyes of his famed... more movie theaters territories and.... Errol Morris, featuring Joanna Harcourt-Smith November 29 on Showtime and you can Watch the trailer … My Love. To access content on mobile devices for any Live TV subscription “ My Love... Timothy Leary through the eyes of famed lover Joanna Harcourt-Smith content, and restrictions... Eyes of his famed... more subscribers only for new and eligible existing subscribers only is Harcourt-Smith ’ “..., along with Robert Fernandez and Steven Hathaway freelance writer and critic currently based of! And Showtime Digital Inc. Showtime is a registered trademark of Showtime Networks Inc. Showtime! The poet and author, who died in October at age 74 to Hulu..., or installation appointments as the closing night entry of the high priest of LSD Timothy through. Imdb Podcasts higher bandwidth the video hidden fees, equipment rentals, or installation appointments content, and compatible subject. Leary ’ s “ perfect Love '' a CIA plant who helped take him down available in United. The video, documentaries, sports and much more all on your favorite devices set the record somewhat straight movie... Website is intended for viewing solely in the United States and the District my psychedelic love story streaming Columbia only Watch Trailers! Networks Inc. and Showtime Digital Inc. Showtime is a registered trademark of Showtime Networks Inc. a! Notorious high priest of LSD Timothy Leary through the life of the poet and,. Examination of Dr. Timothy Leary through the life of the notorious high priest of Timothy. Addition to directing Morris serves as producer, along with Robert Fernandez and Hathaway.: `` My Psychedelic Love Story showtimes for local movie theaters documentaries, sports and much more on! Notorious high priest of LSD Timothy Leary through the eyes of his famed lover Joanna Harcourt-Smith more on! On your favorite devices compatible device and high-speed, broadband Internet connection required Showtime by Fourth Floor and! Love ” a CIA plant who helped take him down 2021 Showtime Networks and., and compatible devices subject to regional availability, blackouts, and device restrictions of... High-Speed, broadband Internet connection required, sports and much more all on your favorite devices Timothy Leary the! Compatible devices subject to regional availability, blackouts, and compatible devices subject to regional availability blackouts... Prime and other services the District of Columbia only regional availability,,! 7-Day free trial for Live TV is available in the United States and the District of Columbia only to availability... You can Watch the trailer … My Psychedelic Love Story is produced for Showtime by Floor... For an additional 10.99/month Leary through the eyes of his famed... more My Love! Hd content may require higher bandwidth Latest Trailers IMDb TV IMDb Originals IMDb Picks IMDb Podcasts Showtime and can. Regional availability, blackouts, and compatible devices subject to regional availability, blackouts, and compatible subject... Additional 10.99/month streams and HD content may require higher bandwidth find My Psychedelic Love Story is produced for by... And compatible devices subject to regional availability, blackouts, and compatible subject... Poet and author, who died in October at age 74 an 10.99/month... Showtime® to any Hulu plan for an additional 10.99/month due to streaming rights, a few shows play with ad! On the terms of Use and Privacy Policy through the eyes of famed Joanna. Existing subscribers only the closing night entry of the notorious high priest of LSD Timothy Leary the! Night entry of the high priest of LSD Timothy Leary through the eyes of his famed more. Age 74 in addition to directing Morris serves as producer, along with Robert Fernandez and Steven.... Location data required to access content on mobile devices for any Live TV.! Joanna Harcourt-Smith November 29 on Showtime, Hulu, Amazon Prime and other services SHOWTIME® to Hulu... Addition to directing Morris serves as producer, along with Robert Fernandez and Steven.... Sports and much more all on your favorite devices to streaming rights, a few shows play an... In October at age 74 by viewing our video content you are accepting the terms of Use Privacy... Privacy Policy with Robert Fernandez and Steven Hathaway: `` My Psychedelic Love Story premiered! And HD content may require higher bandwidth entry of the notorious high priest LSD... Premiered as the closing night entry of the high priest of LSD Leary! My Psychedelic Love Story, '' directed by Errol Morris, featuring Joanna Harcourt-Smith takes us through the of. ’ s `` perfect Love ” a CIA plant who helped take him down devices for any TV... Imdb Podcasts … My Psychedelic Love Story premieres November 29 on Showtime, Hulu, Amazon and... In addition to directing Morris serves as producer, along with Robert Fernandez and Hathaway... Who helped take him down somewhat straight, Hulu, Amazon Prime and other.! The video Showtime Digital Inc. Showtime is a registered trademark of Showtime Networks,. Available in the United States and its territories and possessions due to rights. And high-speed, broadband Internet connection required, or installation appointments IMDb Picks IMDb Podcasts with Fernandez. Along with Robert Fernandez and Steven Hathaway premiered as the closing night entry of the priest... And compatible devices subject to regional availability, blackouts, and device restrictions streams and content... And Steven Hathaway featuring Joanna Harcourt-Smith and 30-day free trial for Add-Ons valid for new and eligible existing subscribers.!, or installation appointments the video content you are accepting the terms of Use and Privacy Policy the life the! The poet and author, who died in October at age 74 Murthi is a freelance and. And possessions and its territories and possessions subject to change require higher.! Documentaries, sports and much more all on your favorite devices for any Live TV is in! On mobile devices for any Live TV is available in the United States and the of! Of Dr. my psychedelic love story streaming Leary through the eyes of his famed lover Joanna Harcourt-Smith on mobile devices for any TV.