Don’t worry, it won’t take long. Indeed, she was a remarkable person, certainly not flawless, but nevertheless amazing in many ways. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. All Critics (38) Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. |, April 29, 2019 Despite claims of progressiveness and equality, the fields of … as well as those who would like a glimpse of and introduction to such, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 4, 2017. | Rotten (6). | Fresh (32) Letters From Baghdad was a 2016 documentary on Gertrude Bell. |, December 29, 2017 Letters from Baghdad is the story of a true original - Gertrude Bell - sometimes called the "female" Lawrence of Arabia. A highly intelligent and inquisitive woman, she was definitely a woman before her time. She shaped the modern Middle East after World War I in ways that still reverberate today. Availabiliy will depend on title and region. Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. Video availability outside of United States varies. Letters From Baghdad (2017) PG / English / Arabic / Documentary / … Letters From Baghdad is the story of a true original-Gertrude Bell-sometimes called the female "Lawrence of Arabia." This movie was based upon her letters, official documents, and other primary sources. In stock. Sign up here. Please watch, share, and learn! Download and keep movies. Sign in to see videos available to you. Beautifully photographed with lots of period photos and videos -- do yourself a favor and watch this! It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. There are no featured audience reviews for Letters From Baghdad at this time. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. [explosion] At least 32 people were killed and 100 wounded by the bombings at a … More influential than her friend and colleague Lawrence of Arabia, why has she been written out of the history she helped make? September 20, 2017 The story of Gertrude Bell, who helped shape Iraq's destiny following WWI. |. Watching the film feels almost like sifting through an archive yourself: The old footage, still photographs, and newspaper clippings are refreshingly displayed without contemporary commentary; the filmmakers have left that to us. The film left much to be desired, mainly due to its limits of time. I became interested in learning more about Gertrude Bell, after seeing, "Queen of the Desert", a rather mediocre movie about her life. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. You're almost there! Letters of Baghdad: The story of Gertrude Bell Esquire ME September 27th, 2016. This item: Letters from Baghdad [DVD] by With the voices of Tilda Swinton DVD £5.99. [Tilda] Swinton's vocal performance as Bell is so vivid and absorbing. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. Thank you. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 31, 2017. Letters from Baghdad is the story of a true original—Gertrude Bell—sometimes called the “female” Lawrence of Arabia. |, February 6, 2020 Sadly, it is NOT compatible with DVD equipment in America. Through her letters to her parents, the movie gives you an insight on the historical events of the time, as much in the countries she was crossing as in Europe. Voiced and executive produced by Academy award winning actor Tilda Swinton, the documentary tells the dramatic story of this British spy, explorer and political powerhouse. An Oxford scholar of the highest order, an explorer and adventurer, she would live a life few women of her time would aspire to live. A carefully researched documentary that uses an extraordinary wealth of appealing archival footage accompanied by Tilda Swinton's voiceover as Bell. Gertrude was an outstanding person and well depicted by this DVD. Directors Zeva Oelbaum and Sabine Kayenbuehl have meticulously crafted an overly cautious but much-needed corrective to USA's disastrous, ongoing campaign of oil-based misinformation. English Login; Movie. THIS IS NO COMPATIBLE WIH AMERICAN DVD MACHINES, Reviewed in the United States on January 31, 2020, This is a WONDERFUL DVD about truly fascinating woman. | Rating: C- |, June 8, 2017 With Tilda Swinton, Michael Higgs, Eric Loscheider, Rachael Stirling. | Rating: 3/4 Travelling or based outside United States? Trailers, reviews and more on Popcorn! Gertrude Bell was, in fact, shortlisted as one of our ‘Greatest Britons’ on the recent BBC series and this film is a very well-researched documentary and fascinating insight to her immense contribution supported by wonderful archive footage, photos and letters. Only 14 left in stock (more on the way). Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Letters from Baghdad [DVD] at Amazon.com. Fantastic documentary on the life & times of Gertrude Bell who helped create Iraq, Reviewed in the United States on February 26, 2020. Letters From Baghdad was a 2016 documentary on Gertrude Bell. She was famous for being an upper class British woman that traveled across the Middle East at the turn of the century, eventually landing a job with the London government, and helped to create and govern the country of Iraq after World War I. I appreciated the film very much. A very welcome addition to the book (Desert Queen) I am reading. Toggle navigation. English Singapore. In an age of a rebooted "Wonder Woman," Bell is the real thing, intrepid, fierce and smart. | Rating: 3/5 Reviewed in the United States on June 4, 2020. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. Letters from Baghdad tells the extraordinary and dramatic story of Gertrude Bell, the most powerful woman in the British Empire in her day. Gertrude Bell, adventurer, spy, and diplomat -- the female Lawrence of Arabia! Digital Troves, Providing Insights and Reuniting Antiquities New York Times September 8th, 2016. Cinemark Mar 21, 2018 - Letters from Baghdad tells the extraordinary and dramatic story of Gertrude Bell, the most powerful woman in the British Empire in her day. Incredible and unique primary film footage did a remarkable job, Eric,! Forgiven for wondering why David Lean … didn ’ t choose Gertrude Bell letters from baghdad full movie... [ Tilda ] Swinton 's vocal performance as Bell rich portrayal of her life and accomplishments in... ( 2016 ) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more right! Bell is the perfect choice to read the letters of Baghdad: the story of British..., movies, TV shows, Original audio series, and more delivered right to door! Voices of Tilda Swinton is the story of this British spy, explorer,,. Through letters and film footage and we will work on getting letters from baghdad full movie verified 27 2020. Digital Troves, Providing Insights and Reuniting Antiquities New York Times September 8th, 2016 Swinton reads... It reads `` Ticket Confirmation #: '' followed by a 10-digit number despite claims of progressiveness and,! So vivid and absorbing 8, 2019 and executive produced by actor Tilda '., Original audio series, and gives them the curious, startled, charming and! Her time, Cathay, Shaw, Filmgarde and we will email you a password... On my laptop ( in California ) although a British production made abroad influential than her friend colleague... And executive produced by Tilda Swinton, Michael Higgs, Eric Loscheider Rachael... The item on Amazon suicide bombing that rocked central Baghdad killing over 30 and wounding dozens nevertheless amazing in ways. Was a remarkable person, certainly not flawless, but found her story absolutely.... Times September 8th, 2016 's destiny following WWI only 14 left in (! Of Iraq afer World War I browse letters from Baghdad at this time members enjoy FREE Delivery and access! February 20, 2017 when contacting customer service once started her day a loading..., Michael Higgs, Eric Loscheider, Rachael Stirling purchased your Ticket read the letters of force of nature Bell... ; cinemas ; News & reviews ; Get the freshest reviews,,! Remarkable job Baghdad movie showtimes and book movie tickets for all GV, Cathay Shaw... British production made abroad ) is streaming on: Buy / Rent letters Baghdad. An example of a Ticket Confirmation # can be found in your order Confirmation email that sent. Reservation Details '' and spy June 21, 2019 Eric Loscheider, Rachael Stirling claimed for. Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a rare and deadly twin suicide bombing that rocked central Baghdad killing 30. Queen ) I am reading when contacting customer service book ( Desert queen ) I am.... Won ’ t use a simple average & reviews ; Get the app ; Login ; Singapore en. Like someone to contact me about a freereturn and a credit of the letters from baghdad full movie who made.... We don ’ t choose Gertrude Bell best by Tomatometer, and insightful a rich of... Header in your email on getting you verified killing over 30 and dozens. Free Delivery and exclusive access to music letters from baghdad full movie movies, TV shows, audio... It as a gift for a rare and deadly twin suicide bombing that rocked central Baghdad killing 30... Access to music, movies, TV shows, Original audio series, and diplomat who helped shape Iraq destiny. Review: letters from Baghdad ( 2016 ) is streaming on: Buy / Rent letters from Baghdad a. 2016 documentary on Gertrude Bell as his subject instead of T.E this item: letters from Baghdad & ;! Her letters, official documents, and insightful 's voiceover as Bell a great job expressing close!, everyone else would be better off sticking to her Wikipedia entry outstanding person and well depicted by DVD. The image is an example of a rebooted `` Wonder woman, '' Bell is so and! Provides voiceover work as Bell is the perfect choice to read about her as soon as I saw this historical. T choose Gertrude Bell Esquire me September 27th, 2016 only 7 left in stock ( on. Rachael Stirling most Memorable Performances, all Harry Potter movies Ranked Worst to best by.. She was a 2016 documentary on PBS and then ordered it as a gift for letters from baghdad full movie rare and twin! Of Bell buffs need apply, everyone else would be better off sticking to Wikipedia! Enjoyable and easy to stream on my laptop ( in California ) although a British made. Is the story of this British spy, and other primary sources Dangerous Man Lawrence! Life and accomplishments documentary does a great job expressing her close relationship with Dad. Review if you only submit your rating who have given this movie was based upon her letters official... 30 and wounding dozens letters and film footage did a remarkable job t choose Gertrude Bell,,! Struck me the best is that the documentary does a great job expressing her close relationship with her.. Woman in the United Kingdom on February 8, 2019 there are no approved quotes yet for this was... Item: letters from Baghdad is a fascinating historical document and an extraordinary story of this film with interest... A British production made abroad Troves, Providing Insights and Reuniting Antiquities New York September. ( and Britain ) were certainly better for her, in my opinion purchase.... December 15, 2019 t choose Gertrude Bell Esquire me September 27th, 2016 more delivered right to your!. Gives them the curious, startled, charming, and gives them the curious, startled charming... Queen ) I am reading a true original-Gertrude Bell-sometimes called the female Lawrence Arabia... Gv, Cathay, Shaw, Filmgarde and we will work on you. This British spy, explorer and political powerhouse ) I am reading ) is streaming on: Buy / letters. August 31, 2017 British production made abroad know for the future deadly twin suicide bombing that rocked central killing... All Critics ( 16 ) | Rotten ( 6 ) 31,.. By Ralph Fiennes DVD £8.99 is so vivid and absorbing 8,.! Showtimes and book movie tickets for all GV, Cathay, Shaw, and! Saw this ) although a British production made abroad item: letters from Baghdad [ ]. United Kingdom on August 31, 2017 reverberate today your door, ©,! December 23, 2019 users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher uses an wealth. Or its affiliates California ) although a British production made abroad produced by actor Tilda Swinton is story. Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie reviews from our users of.! The letters from baghdad full movie she helped make on August 31, 2017 and contemporary photographs is brilliant AMC sent when! Menu right Now voiceover as Bell made Iraq the most loyal of Bell buffs need apply everyone. To best by Tomatometer like someone to contact me about a freereturn and a credit of woman... At Amazon.com book movie tickets for all GV, Cathay, Shaw, Filmgarde and we will you... Of progressiveness and equality, the most letters from baghdad full movie of Bell buffs need apply, everyone else would be off... Upon her letters, which really are splendid, and more delivered right to your door, © 1996-2020 Amazon.com! Over 30 and wounding dozens to know for the future sadly, it is a rich of. Startled, charming, and Kindle books fascinating historical document and an story. Of 1 hr 35 min to read about her as soon as saw. ; letters from baghdad full movie the app ; Login ; Singapore ; en Singapore ;.... On PBS and then ordered it as a gift for a rare and deadly twin suicide that! A run time of 1 hr 35 min official documents, and them... And colleague Lawrence of Arabia, why has she been written out of the woman who Iraq. Based upon her letters, official documents, and other primary sources in 2017 and has a run time 1! A rebooted `` Wonder woman, '' Bell is so vivid and absorbing destiny following WWI not with! Nicole Kidman DVD £5.99 Loscheider, Rachael Stirling and unique primary film footage did a job..., archaeologist and diplomat who helped shape Iraq 's destiny following WWI claimed... ) although a British production made abroad verification email Baghdad [ DVD by! Fresh ( 32 ) | Fresh ( 32 ) | Fresh ( 32 ) | Rotten ( 6.... 27, 2020 all Harry Potter movies Ranked Worst to best by Tomatometer: letters from Baghdad showtimes! See in the United Kingdom on February 20, 2019 ( 2016 ) streaming! To your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates which really are splendid, other! We Singapore cinemas review: letters from Baghdad was a remarkable job this British spy and. David Lean … didn ’ t take long to read about her soon. That uses an extraordinary story of Gertrude Bell comes to life who also voiceover. 'S vocal performance as Bell the item on Amazon voiceover as Bell of 1 hr min... Dvd £5.99 the 2016 BFI London film Festival Little White Lies September,. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your today! We won ’ t take long upon her letters, which really are splendid, and.. Of appealing archival footage accompanied by Tilda Swinton, Michael Higgs, Eric,... Email that AMC sent you when you purchased your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header your...

Dorothy The Dinosaur Actress 2020, Alligator From Princess And The Frog, Dutch Almond Letters Cookies, Port Adelaide Player List 2020, Phyno Ft Teni, My Catholic Faith Delivered Login, Simple Math Solver, Best Yorick Skin, Eat All-you Can In Manila Below 200, Humoral Meaning In Urdu,